Top Food Needs – Here is a list of our top food needs – soup, canned chicken, boxed rice/pasta side dishes, canned fruit, boxed potatoes, and cereal, as well as paper products and toiletries.
LINK welcomes donations of food and household products that we can pass along to our clients.
The food LINK provides comes from three main sources:
- Collections from LINK member churches (non-perishables)
- Donations from local grocery stores and bakeries (perishables)
- Donations from individuals and groups in the community (i.e. Scouting for Food, public schools, community businesses, and individual local residents)
Donations may be left at any of the member churches or at the LINK pantry in Herndon, VA, by special arrangement. Please contact us so that we can assist with arrangements. If you are interested in holding a food drive, LINK has volunteers willing to assist with collection and transporting food to the pantry. Please contact us to discuss.
Suggested non-perishable food items regularly needed include:
- Canned Meats and Tuna
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Spaghetti, macaroni and other pastas
- Canned Fruits
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Canned Vegetables (corn, potatoes, carrots)
- Canned Juices
- Canned or Powdered Milk
Additionally, toilet paper and personal hygiene products such as toothpaste and soap are always needed.
"He who is generous will be blessed,
for he gives some of his food to the poor."